Thursday, October 16, 2014

Kicking the door down

So in the past few months I've been on this journey.  I have been on this search for the perfect time, perfect moment, perfect condition to do the things that I feel Good has called me to do.   There have been several "bumps" in the road.  Things that I have taken as "closed doors".  So this is gonna be where the doesn't exactly start but defiantly continues.  So check it!! 

I was sitting in the kitchen of my grandmother-in-laws house at either Thanksgiving or Christmas times a few years back.  When I heard God speak.  He ask me to read the story of David and Goliath.  Which is found in 1Sameul 17:19-54. So I did, like I had a million times before.  When I was finished He asked "What do you think?". I sat kinda puzzled because I really didn't get anything ness out of it.  So He asked me to read it again.  So I did.  This went on for about 3-4 read throughs.  Each time I don't get anything. Then He pointed out a certain verse.  Verse 36 which reads:

"Your servant has struck down both lions and bears, and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be like one of them, for he has defied the armies of the living God.” (1 Samuel 17:36 ESV)

I sat there in a moment of clarity figured out what the Holy Spirit was trying to get through to me.  It was the word "uncircumcised".  Now if you're a guy you whence a little. If you're not sure what that word means ask your mom.  Simply because your dad will be in too much pain to explain it.

Anyway you are the importance of that word was vital.  I mean the only people back then that were circumcised were male Isrealites.  It was a mark of the covenant they had with God.  So every time the took a leak they were reminded of their covenant.

It's because of the faith in that covenant and faith in God that David had the courage or should I say the balls to gave Goliath.  The crazy part of the story is that every soldier on that hill side had the same mark.

So what does that have to do with me.
Simply this Jesus extended that covenant to all mankind.  When He died on the cross for our soon to reconnect our covenant.   So since I have the same covenant with the Holy Spirit that David did then I have the same authority that David did. 

So with that being said let's activate that authority that comes with that covenant.
So if you want some prayer leave a prayer request or text me at 309-648-2897 and we will pray and get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment