Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Songs that changed my life!!

Its easy to get on here and just complain about how things just SUCK!!  But that isn't my motive.  I mean there is to much time wasted on "ranting" but I do it.   It is kind of therapeutic for me.  However today I want to share some of my favorite song lyrics that have helped shape Chad into the man he is today.  Some of it you might laugh at but others you will be like that figures.

Anyway lets start out with one that might be a shocker!!

"You can stand me up at the gates of hell and I won't back down."  Tom Petty

This just sounded so ballsy the first time I heard it back in 89'.  It followed me and I turned over my "christian" leaf it totally had a new meaning.

"Will you let Me be the quiet in that storm you created?" Disciple "Be the quiet"

I was going through very hellish moment when this song met me.  I was broken and just pissed off at everything and everyone.  Then I heard this on accident and just cried!!  This song holds a special spot in me.

"Don't try to reach me, I'm already dead."  Jars of Clay "He"

This one hit me in a place that I was in total complete agony.  It just spoke to me that Jesus still loved me even though everything just felt dead to me.

"Some times our broken hearts are healed the moment we believe again."  Mortal "Rift"

This song brought so much joy and excitement to me that I still scream these lyrics and feel invincible.

"I'd rather take a shot in the chest. Than take a shot in the back.  At least I'll see it coming and I'll know where I'm standing at."  Pillar "Crossfire"

This speaks for itself.  I was so tired of getting shot in the back that the idea of taking a shot in the chest felt relieving.  I mean to look someone in the eye my hurt but at least you see the emotion behind it.  This song just flipping awesome!!

Then there is the songs that saved my life.....

"You found me broken in a place called misery.
"You found me full of hatred yet empty....And though I don't You why You value me.
I'm forever grateful for Your mercy."  Six Feet Deep "Release"

These are just a few of the songs that have totally impacted my life.   There countless more but these are just a sample.   Oh one more.

"We don't need no truth less heroes!"  Project 86

This pushes me to be truthful no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment